Who are generation Y?
In this video about Generation Y, Global Brand Advisor, Rachele Focardi, tells you about the significance this new workforce has to workplaces around the world. She starts off by stating that Generation Y are at the forefront of a cultural revolution at the workplace. They have been affected by a lot of socioeconomic factors that have affected their preferences of their future employer.
Who is a part of Generation Y?
The Millennials are born after 1980 and is the biggest generation that ever existed and are going to be around for a long time. This makes it one of the most important generations to understand and attract to ensure future business growth.
What are the main traits of a Millennial employee?
- Tech savvy
- Great multi-taskers
- Very short attention span
- More team-oriented
What should organizations that have employees of generation Y think about?
- They need a creative work environment to keep them constantly engaged.
- They want to change the world – CSR is important to them.
- They are a diverse group of individuals that can bring a lot of innovation to any business.
- They have higher expectations of their managers.