Country Manager – South Africa
We shape Employer Branding - lets shape it together! Our diverse team is a trusted partner for employers, we are the most recognized Employer Branding specialist in the top 50 economies of the world.
We shape Employer Branding – lets shape it together!
Our diverse team is a trusted partner for employers, we are the most recognized Employer Branding specialist in the top 50 economies of the world.
Are you interested in helping organizations at identifying their ideal talent? Are you passionate about employer branding? At Universum we are passionate about creating winning employer brand strategies for our clients across nearly all corners of the world. If this sounds interesting, Universum´s South Africa Country Manager role could be the next chapter in your career!
As a Country Manager for the South African market, you will contribute to the development of our products, become involved in media relations as well as our seminars and events. Your focus will be sales and delivery of advanced employer branding research tools and activation solutions for existing and prospective clients.
What to expect on a daily basis:
- You will be responsible for developing both the existing Universum’s team and our client relationships in the market.
- Your leadership skills are needed, you will lead a small local team and coordinate the work of a bigger team of experts working from our headquarters in Stockholm with our South African clients. There is also great potential in the region and in time you will hopefully grow your local team.
- Part of your role will be contributing to the development of our products by localizing them and giving input to product developers working in our headquarters.
- You will also have a role in our marketing and public relations as well as our seminars and events. In your daily work, you have a large degree of freedom in what and how you do it, but at the same time, there are high demands on your performance. You will have the opportunity to become an employer branding expert while driving sales to achieve your targets for revenue and profitability.
Universum is a dynamic company where teamwork is crucial, but people have a lot of personal responsibilities – we need you to be a business builder who has the interest and personality to proactively engage with multiple internal and external stakeholders simultaneously.
We are looking for a person with:
- A relevant academic degree
- 5+ years of experience in consultative sales and team leader/P&L responsibility
- Previous knowledge/experience within Employer Branding and/or HR and/or communications and a network in the field is highly beneficial
- Experienced in business development, able to identify opportunities, build relationships, close large deals, forecast business and operate our CRM system fully
- A willingness to try new things, adapt to the market and our clients, and keep one step ahead of the industry by setting the trends, not following them
- Someone who can operate independently and bring value and inspiration to the others in the team and wider organisation
A little bit about us….
Universum is a trusted partner to over 2000 clients, including many Fortune 500 companies. The results of our surveys and trend reports are continually published in prominent media outlets around the world including Forbes, Le Monde, CNNMoney, Harvard Business Review and El Pais. Universum is part of StepStone, one of the leading global e-recruitment firms which belongs to Axel Springer the biggest global media company. We are the global leader in employer branding – delivering the critical talent market insights, winning brand strategies and compelling and story-led communication adapted to organization’s need to contend more effectively for the talent.
We are all leaders and responsible for our individual and collective work environments. We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity makes teams better and that discrimination based on race, gender, or anything else is self-defeating and detrimental to individuals and the business.
If you have any further questions regarding the recruitment process and the role, do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your application via our careers site, email applications cannot be processed due to GDPR.