We shape Employer Branding - let's shape it together! Our diverse team is a trusted partner for employers, we are the most recognized Employer Branding specialist in the top 50 economies of the world.
We shape Employer Branding – let’s shape it together!
Our diverse team is a trusted partner for employers, we are the most recognized Employer Branding specialist in the top 50 economies of the world.
Looking to flex your design chops and grow in an international environment where global blue-chip clients are your bread a butter from day one? You might be the design genius we’re looking for. This is a one year study leave cover starting in August 2021.
Universum’s Activation EMEA Team works with some of the world’s top businesses to define and enhance their employer brands. We’ve got an amazing group of copywriters, strategists and more on board, but what we need is a Designer to help make us look as good as we sound.
Where do you slot in?
We work with top employers across industries from FMCG and fashion, to banking and pharmaceuticals and you will use your skills in graphic design and digital marketing to help conceptualize and develop the activation strategies that bring their employer brands to life.
What to expect in the role:
In your role, you will proactively support on a wide variety of client projects, managing the different aspects, and collaborating with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure the deliveries on creative projects are consistently exceptional.
- Work in client project teams with our copywriters, fellow designers or freelancers, the Project Manager, and/or Creative Lead to produce powerful content with a compelling and distinct visual flavour.
- Take briefs from project managers and clients, and then apply a strategic lens to ask the right questions, identify the challenges at play, and truly understand the need.
- Research, brainstorm, ideate, develop and refine design and creative outputs for both client and internal projects – including social media campaign concepts, visual identity employer brand guidelines, videos, animations and more.
- Keep up to date on trends and developments within design and communication to ensure a competitive advantage for Universum. You will also spread the love and share your learning/knowledge internally and with clients in an educational way.
- Support the EMEA and Nordics sales success team and the PMs during pitches, proposals, and up- and cross-sales.
Track and follow through on deadlines with high quality standards.
What do you bring to the party?
Well, apart from being an all-round great person, you’re:
- A passionate champion of all things design and branding.
- A team-player and keen collaborator, bursting with energy and a positive, can-do attitude.
- A precise, detail-oriented individual who can juggle multiple balls, while working efficiently and precisely.
Someone who is cool under pressure, receives and responds to feedback well.
- An agile problem-solver who can adapt to the challenges of a range of industries and contexts.
- A business-minded, strategic thinker.
A self-starter who’s forward-looking and entrepreneurial.
- A compelling visual storyteller who’s proud to represent their work professionally and confidently, internally and in front of client.
- A digital native, natural creative and a born marketer.
Background and must-haves
- Proven track record of razor-sharp design skills (go on, wow us with your portfolio).
- Higher vocational education such as Bergs School of Communication or Hyper Island, or Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine arts or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience working professionally as a Designer (or Junior Art Director?) at an agency or in-house.
- Broad expertise with industry-standard image/video/graphics software, including: Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, Figma, Final Cut X, Resolve, Media Encoder, Lightroom, Audition and Premiere Pro (maybe not all of them, but you get the picture).
- Proven video editing and animation skills – ranging from Text in Video (TiVs) and GIFs, to animated explainer videos and PowerPoint (yes, PPTs are powerful too!).
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines as well as excellent communication skills and business English proficient.
Think you’re a fit?
Let us know – apply now!