The pressure to win top talent has never been so intense.
As top recruiters continue to receive huge numbers of applications but only have around 2% of roles that can be filled by student talent, the pressure to win top talent into has never been so intense.
In The Must-Know Student Recruiting Trends for 2018 report, WCN partnered with employer branding thought leader, Universum, to investigate this trend further and see how current recruiting insights can be improved upon by looking to engage and influence the best hires before competitors by devoting more time on focused value add activities.
To compile this research study, WCN reviewed anonymous application data captured in its applicant tracking system (ATS). The analysis
covered almost 990,000 candidates based in 143 different countries and focused on roles based in the UK, US and across the APAC
region. Trends are based on the 2016 and 2017 recruiting cycles and span finance, retail and public sector organizations.
Universum provided WCN with access to extracts from its 2017 Talent Insight reports series, focused on four key markets – Hong Kong,
Singapore UK and the US. For the purposes of this report, we concentrated on responses from almost 40,000 business students across
the four regions.
- Across the 990,000 applications reviewed for high-volume recruiters, only about 2% make it to the offers stage.
- Fallout rates are big so engagement is king.
- Diversity continues to be a big challenge in campus hiring – Female applications underwhelm male applications in quantity but females are more successful than men at receiving offers.
- Despite ever-changing political climates, more and more students are applying for roles outside of their country of nationality.
- There is a gap in roles being filled by Black and Hispanics across all regions. This could be eased by more diversity focus by organizations both on and offline.
Download the eBook to get some key takeaway points and a checklist to help you on your mission to make 2018 a year of transformation in recognizing the need to make student recruitment aligned to the expectations of the next generation so that you can be on the right road to success in hiring superstars before competitors.
Download the eBook and get the 10 Essential Steps to Engange & Secure Future Superstars today!
Tomorrow's Thinking. Available Today.
Stockholm, May 7th, 2018. The e-recruitment firm StepStone, an Axel Springer SE company, has completed the acquisition of Universum, the Swedish employer branding specialist. The relevant competition authorities have already approved […]
What is the Gig economy? The Gig Economy is a far broader concept than most people realize. It encompasses century-old professional roles such as self-employed management consultants and freelance journalists, […]