How to Boost Graduate Employment and Build a Better Workforce
Universum Global and its partners, Abdullah Gül University, Novancia Business School, Sabanci University and Türk Kültür Vakfı, released the findings from their recent collaboration focused on identifying the top soft skills European employers demand from graduates.
At the beginning of this year there were over 6 million unemployed Gen Y-ers with a university degree in Europe, meanwhile, 40% of employers in the region reported a talent shortage in 2016, up from 38% in 2015.
At present, university students are provided with formal training and other practical competencies, but there are other abilities that future talent should be equipped with to ensure their skill-sets span beyond the theoretical. Universum’s latest eBook highlights the top soft skills employers are hoping to balance alongside the academic understandings, making traits like leadership, collaboration and teamwork crucial for hires to practice and procure.
This report examines:
- Which soft skills matter most to Europe’s HR professionals.
- The advantages and disadvantages of hiring graduates over professionals.
- Massive unemployment vs. Talent shortages.
- How physical proximity and relationships with universities can play a massive role in the acceptance and interest in hiring graduates.
- How universities should approach training and career services.
Tomorrow's Thinking. Available Today.
At Universum, we want to share some vital information for campus recruitment Campus recruitment is one of the most effective events for attracting the right talent. Some of Universum’s Top […]